Sunday, January 14, 2007

OMG!


Three reasons why I won't order delivery from the UN Avenue Branch of Super Bowl of China anymore...

Hell. Just one reason would be suffice for now: Baby cockroaches in their food.

Yes, I know. Baby cockroaches. Found inside an order of Beef Wanton Noodle Soup. Could there be a bigger nightmare? No. I don't think so.

Well, on second thought, maybe there could be. The reason why the roach is on the napkin is because it was in my mouth first before finally finding it's place on the napkin.

I wanted to die.

So I called them back and told them to take it away. So sad. I really liked their food. But this is totally unforgivable.

Did they pick up the offensive order quickly? Yes. Was I happy about getting my money back? Of course. Am I being vindictive by posting this incident on my blog? Perhaps.

I'll try to post something more interesting next time.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWW!

Anonymous said...

Could there be a bigger nightmare?

It couldve been an adult cockroach.

Anonymous said...

That is sooo disgusting Carlos.

Soooo disgusting.

R. O. said...

The way they stored the napkins could've been the culprit. Even something like McDonalds (had a similar experience at the MRT Cubao branch) can fall prey to bad storage issues.

Sidney said...

Happy New Year! I wish you the best for 2007!
Cockroaches are rich in vitamines (A,B & C)! ;-)

Eddie S. Alfonso said...

Hey Carlos, did they keep their "A" sanitation classification rating? If not, you should report it to the Dept of Health in charge of restaurant inspection.

Eddie
Las Vegas, NV

carlosceldran said...

Sigh... The Philippine Department of Health?

You think they would give a flying foot about a cockroach in someone's food?

Are you thinking of the "A" sanitation classification of the US Dept. of Health or the Pinas Dept. of Health...?

Anonymous said...

Hi Carlos Happy New Year to you and Tessa!


I have no idea how many times ive found "stuff" in my food. from the usual bangaw in burrito, a random cuca leg in my katsudon to the bizarre nail in my ravioli. all experiences have left me horrified and exasperated to say the least. most of these establishments offered to replace the item but of course i demanded my money back having already lost my appetite. then the bad press followed.. needless to say i would never eat in those establishments again.

as for the PI dept oh health, your right in saying they could care less.

mrsa

Maryanne Moll said...

if that were me i'd have run amok. but then again maybe i'd just have fainted.

carlotta said...

that is so disgusting. i'll die on the spot if i were in your place. i wish there's a way to exterminate those pests forever.

Anonymous said...

i think i would've passed out. greetings from san francisco, i'm enjoying your blog, bugs and all. :)